Have you given much thought to the things you’ve been thinking about lately? Are any of the things you ponder bringing you joy or adding value to the way you live your life? If not, here are a few activities that might help you reach nirvana, or at the very least, pull you out from the cloud of crazy thoughts that aren’t serving you:
1. Make a life plan. Write a list of ten things that you want to happen in your life, from places you want to visit, to events you want to bring about. Tick them off as you achieve them. With each tick, you’ll feel a sense of fulfillment of your own destiny.
2. List five ways that you can add originality to your life. Find a number of pictures in magazines or print images from the internet. Cut them out and pick a few you like the most. Write captions, stories, or how they are answers to questions in your life.
3. Have an expense-free day. With a little forward planning, this should be possible, even on a workday. See how many of these days you can have in a week or the span of a month. It’s a great way to bring mindfulness into your spending habits.
4. Learn a new skill. Whether completely different from your other activities or complementary to them, a new skill will expand your potential, thereby benefitting and adding value to all areas of your life.
5. Meditate regularly. Start out with the goal of doing so at least once a week, but preferably, daily. Althought hte ideal time to practice is in the morning before starting your day, you can meditate anywhere and at any time. A great way to encourage the habit is to find a time that suits your daily routine, like after you brush your teeth and say your prayers (if that’s part of your spiritual practice) and before your morning cup of tea or coffee. Initially, it’s best to pick a portion of the day when your spirit is already quieted and our atention is free from other demands for your attention.
No matter how you get to it, be sure to get creative about finding ways to bring added value to your already valuable self exression of awesomeness!